Cross-Border Cooperation and European Integration Agency
AO ACTIE is a non-governmental and non-profit organization established in 2004, in the city of Cahul, Republic of Moldova.
The main purpose of the Cross-Border Cooperation and European Integration Agency is to contribute to regional development by supporting cross-border cooperation among organizations and institutions from the Republic of Moldova and external partners.
In the same time, ACTIE aims to contribute to economic development in the cross-border region within the “Lower Danube” Euroregion. This is achieved through the specific objectives of the organization:
- creating of strong cross-border partnerships to solve common problems;
- human resources development through education and trainings;
- increasing access to the labour market, including for socially vulnerable groups;
- modernization of local infrastructure;
- tourism development in the southern region of Moldova;
- actions that contribute to a better protection of the environment.
ACTIE has an important role in cross-border cooperation in the region and has a wide network of partners in various fields of interest. The organization enjoys the support of local government, educational institutions and other local and regional actors, as already demonstrated by the joint actions and projects carried out so far.
Cross-Border Cooperation and European Integration Agency has a very good capacity to mobilize volunteers, especially young people, for various actions and initiatives.