" Creation of a trilateral cross border network for development and marketing of the agro-alimentary local and traditional products in the Lower Danube cross border area"
This project was funded by European Union
The duration of the project was: October 8, 2013 – August 8, 2015
Beneficiary: Association for the Sustainable Development of the Danube Delta, Tulcea, Romania
Project partners: Cross-Border Cooperation and European Integration Agency; Colibasi Ton Hall; Sarichioi Commune, Romania; Public Organisation “Agency of Sustainable Development and European Integration «Lower Danube» Euroregion”.
Total project budget: 553599 Euro
Area of implementation: The implementation of the project took place in the Republic of Moldova, Romania and Ukraine
The main goal of the project was to improve rural economic performance in the Lower Danube cross-border area.
- Increasing the productivity and competitiveness of the local agro-alimentary processing sector in the rural space of the Lower Danube cross border area;
- Achievement of project management, coordination and communication (including promotion and visibility) activities,
- Strengthening local agricultural producer’s capacity to develop entrepreneurship in local agro alimentary products microbusiness
- Creation of sustainable facilities to promote economic initiatives based on agro alimentary local products processing
- Creation of a viable framework for exchange of experience between local stakeholders in the field
- 60 trained, qualified and authorized Romanians, Moldavians and Ukrainians, in processing fruit/vegetables agro alimentary local products;
- 3 functional processing centres for fruit and/or vegetables, playing the role of rural business incubators (1 in each country);
- at least 15 new microbusiness enterprises and at least 1 new processing association created in Lower Danube area;
- 1 joint functional network for development and marketing of the agro-alimentary local and traditional products in the Lower Danube area;