City Storage and Sector Coupling Lab
Project financed by the European Union through Interreg Danube Transnational Prgramme
Project duration: 01.07.2020 – 31.12.2022
The project has 17 partners from Moldova, Croatia, Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Germany, Slovenia, Slovak Republic, Romania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro.
The main objective of CSSC LAB is to accelerate the up-take of energy storage & sector coupling solutions in different urban environments across the Danube region, particularly in the large number of medium-sized and smaller cities in the Danube area.
- To develop model solutions & showcase pilot demo investments in energy storage & sector coupling applications in real-life urban environments
- To build up knowledge & decision-making capacities of city actors in order to develop a project replication pipeline
- To elaborate regional action plans, transnational strategic roadmap & policy recommendations in order to ensure transferability & the sustainable use of project results
- model solutions + set of evaluation tools will be developed for typical cases of use of urban CSSCs
- a capacity building program will be developed / piloted for municipalities with local trainings, webinars and coaching sessions
- four CSSC demonstration centers will be created in different partner regions (HR, AT, SI, BG) to demonstrate the feasibility and performance of different CSSC solutions
- an online learning platform for sustainable knowledge transfer will be created. In general, the CSSC Lab project aims to build a flow of CSSC projects in the target cities in the Danube region. Regional action plans ensure the transfer of practices at regional level.
- 11 strategies to improve energy security and energy efficiency developed and/or implemented – adapted for participating countries, including for the Republic of Moldova
- 9 tools elaborated to improve energy security and energy efficiency developed and/or implemented. These tools will help local authorities and public institutions, including those in Moldova, in order to improve their energy security and efficiency.
- 5 pilot actions to improve energy security and energy efficiency developed and/or implemented
- 3 rounds of local training sessions (basic + advanced) and complementary webinars which will be organized in the Republic of Moldova with stakeholders in such domains as: energy efficiency, renewable energy sources, energy storage options, creation of microgrids, etc.
- 2 rounds of coaching sessions with regional target cities, including those from Moldova